Welcome to you; ‘an aspirational entrepreneur who wants to transform an idea to a business setup’ with this private online course. Part of the service is a special forum for each lesson where you can ask and share.
Forum members are from different countries, have different interests but we all share common believes. And we all use the English language!
Our shared believes are:
- Life is about learning and exploring
- We are all different but the same and complimentary to each other
- Prosperity for all is possible if we learn & create together
- Our planet is ours to cherish, we make an impact every day
- Together we can go further than alone
- Freedom = seeing possibilities and creating room for people to prosper
- Sharing is what makes us human, we like to pay it forward
The internationally most used language for entrepreneurs is English. If English is not your first language it may be more difficult for you but a great skill to learn. By using one common language no one is excluded from know-how and discussion. This is why we all share in English. All who share content that is not in English, are asked to translate or delete this content.
You own what you share
- Every forum member is personally responsible for any information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other material (from now on Content) that they share. What you share is not supposed to be owned by someone else. So always make sure that you do not share anything that is protected by intellectual property rights. If you have been given permission to share by the owner of the Content, share away!
- Feronia Academy is not responsible for Content posted by forum users. It is impossible to actively check accuracy, integrity, or quality of Content and Feronia Academy shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via Feronia Academy.
We embrace different opinions
- Every forum member understands that entrepreneurs from all parts of the world are using the Feronia Academy community tools. It can happen that you read or see Content that you personally find offensive, indecent or objectionable. In this respect, you use the community tools at your own risk. Personal feelings are not a reason for removing Content. We do draw a firm line and if Content is violating those rules that Content will be removed. If you think this is the case, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We THINK before we speak:
is it True?
is it Helpful?
is it Inspiring?
is it Necessary?
is it Kind?
- Respect people’s personal space.
- If you have negative comments about someone’s personal projects keep them to yourself. Or if you really need to, share them personally, not on a forum.
- Keep in mind that all members are in business so it is their livelihood you are commenting on. Treat them with respect.
- Always back up your statements with facts.
Here we draw the line
The following terms are firm rules and by using Feronia Academy forums, you agree to follow these rules. They are here because we all want Feronia Academy to be and stay a pleasant community. Moderators will enforce these firm rules and inform you if and how you are violating them. They will also help you avoid this in the future. However, for the benefit of us all; 3 violations of the firm rules and you are out! But it will not come to any of this if your intentions are good.
- Personal attacks, harassment, and personal threats are not allowed. Attacking or harassing any person through the posting of off-site links is also not permitted (see definitions below for details).
- Hate speech and hateful imagery is not allowed (see definitions below for details).
- Rude language is not allowed, also not in avatars or usernames.
- Nudity or graphic violence in avatars or other photos is not allowed.
- Harming minors (children under 18 years) in any way is never accepted. For this we do not allow 3 violations. If this happens, you are banned from Feronia Academy. Also we will consider if reporting this behaviour is needed and if so will do that.
- Acting in a way that negatively affects other users of Feronia Academy is not allowed.
- Sharing should not become spamming. Think about the place, context, and time when you post something that is self-promotional.
- When not given permission, promotional messages are seen as spam. You will be warned if we receive complaints about ‘spammy messages’.
- Sharing personal fundraising posts (fundraising for individuals in need) is not allowed.
- Posting private messages or personal information from other members. All that is not in their profile is private. Also do not link to off-site privacy violations.
- There is no place for vendettas. If we suspect that your goal is to cause harm to a business or person that you feel has wronged you, we will ask you to delete your posts. In case you are not willing to do this, we will delete them.
- Collecting or storing personal data about other members is not allowed. Feronia Academy collects and stores only very basic personal data of members. We do this out of respect for everyones privacy. Even though members may share other personal information, we expect all members to have the same respect for each others privacy.
- Acting as if you are someone else (person or entity, such as; a company official, forum leader, coach, instructor or administrator) or falsely stating your connection with a person or entity is not allowed.
- Trying to interfere with or disrupt Feronia Academy or servers or networks connected, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected, you will be denied access until the issue is resolved. This firm action is to ensure that everyone’s safety is maintained as much as possible. Also yours!
- Violating any local, state, national or international law or regulations having the force of law, that applies to the use of community tools and services on Feronia Academy is not allowed
- We work hard to make Feronia Academy function for everyone. If you have problems, that can be stressful. Still keep in mind that also we are nice people trying to do our best for you. Interact in a respectful manner. We will not take abuse (we decide when this is the case) and reserve the right to deny you access if this does happen.
Personal attacks (not allowed) are:
Racial, sexual, homophobic, ageist, sexist, religious, political, ethnic, or other personal labels (such as against people with disabilities) directed against another member.
Accusations about the private behaviour of another member that lack evidence.
Threats, including threats of legal action, made on the forums or in private message. Threats of violence or negative actions to be taken are serious and will result in banning from the forums or the site.
Harassment (not allowed) is:
Repeatedly using comments or forum posts to threaten or insult other users.
Sending messages to another user after being asked to stop.
Repeatedly linking to posts of a member or offsite blog posts or information with the intent to insult or ridicule.
Hate Speech and Hateful Imagery (not allowed) are:
Words, phrases, or images that are seen by members to express, either deliberately or unknowingly, hatred or contempt towards a group of people, based on areas such as their ethnic, cultural, religious or sexual identity, gender, socio-economic class, or with reference to physical health or mental health, are not allowed.
Content, seen by members to be hate speech, will be deleted by moderators. Possibly without warning and posting of this Content may lead to banning from forums.