Feronia Academy enables aspirational entrepreneurs to transform their idea into a business. It is an individual course and you only need to share your name and email to be able to take part.
- We do not collect personal information for marketing purposes.
- We use the minimum data collection needed to make this site’s services perform well.
- We do not share personal information with others.
- We work with third party, open source, service providers WordPress, BBpress, Buddypress, Contact Form 7, LifterLMS, Woocommerce, Akismet, Google, and Hotjar. We use paid versions of these open source tools to ensure up to date versions for data protection.
- We use Paypal for all payments and you do not share financial information with Feronia Academy.
Below you will find a legal statement about how we organise data collection. Because this is a legal document, this statement is not in line with our general clear and easy writing style. Feel free to contact us on email@example.com if you would like information about what we collected about you.
Purposes of processing personal data
- The data concerning the user is collected to allow Feronia Academy to provide its services (Memberships, courses, forums, co-creation, events, products) as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, SPAM protection and contacting the user.
Types of personal data collected
- Among the types of personal data that Feronia Academy collects, by itself or through third parties, are: usernames, member names, email addresses, other contact details, support queries, forum comments and web analytics data. Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using www.feronia.academy.
- When users provide personal information to us they’re consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy. Users are likely to provide personal information when they complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by www.feronia.academy is needed for www.feronia.academy to provide its services. If users choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide them with our services and they may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available. In cases where www.feronia.academy specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the service. Users who are uncertain about which personal data is mandatory are welcome to inquire via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through www.feronia.academy and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the data to Feronia Academy.
- When users visit www.feronia.academy, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal users personal identity. If they’re logged into some of this information could be associated with theirr account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- users IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of users ISP connection
- the date and time of users visit to the website
- the length of users session
- the pages which users have accessed
- the number of times users access our site within any month;
- the size of file users look at
- the website which referred users to our Sites
- the operating system which users computer uses.
This information helps Feronia Academy to improve it’s services. We do not use this information for direct marketing purposes. Also we do not allow members placing cookies for direct marketing purposes. In case users feel this is happening, inform us as email@example.com. We will take appropriate actions.
Personal data collected from third party’s
- In general we collect personal information directly from users. On occasion we may also collect information about users from others such as the payment provider (account details required to process a transaction). We use Paypal to best guarantee safe use of personal financial data.
Methods of processing personal data
- Feronia Academy takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
- In addition to Feronia Academy, in some cases, the data may be accessible to external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by Feronia Academy. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Feronia Academy at any time.
Legal basis of processing personal data
- Feronia Academy uses personal information in order for us to fulfil a service user purchased. We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations (verifying user identity, facilitate and process transactions, responding to user comments or queries submitted to us or asking for user feedback or whether user wants to participate in a survey);
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Feronia Academy is subject (identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms);
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Feronia Academy;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Feronia Academy or by a third party. We may disclose personal information to subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above). Professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc). Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations. Other people where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
In any case, Feronia Academy will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Place where personal data is kept
- Feronia Academy stores personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
- Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organisation governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Feronia Academy to safeguard their data. If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more and inquire with Feronia Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention time, how long personal data is stored
- Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore: personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Feronia Academy and the user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed. Personal data collected for the purposes of Feronia Academy’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Feronia Academy within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Feronia Academy.
- Feronia Academy may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Feronia Academy may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted.
Controlling use of data
Users control of personal data
- In user’s personal profile they can see and edit their personal data.
- Where we have users consent to do so (e.g if users have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that they are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send users information that we think may be of interest to them. Users can at any time ‘opt-out’ if they prefer not to receive them.
- If user’s e-mail address has changed and they would like to continue to receive our e-mails, they will need to access their account, update their e-mail and sign-up again for those e-mails they want to receive.
- Users have choices about cookies. By modifying their browser preferences, they have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If users choose to reject cookies some parts of Feronia Academy may not work properly.
- Users are entitled to ask us to port their personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format), to erase it, or restrict its processing. Users also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, and, where we have asked for their consent to process personal data, to withdraw this consent.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process users personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if users withdraw their consent.
- Where we require personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with user, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If users have unresolved concerns they also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which user considers the alleged infringement has occurred.
Right to object to processing
- Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Feronia Academy or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Feronia Academy, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
- Feronia Academy does not process personal data for direct marketing purposes. However, when users think their personal data is being processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that at any time. No justification needed.
How to exercise this right
- Any requests to exercise user rights can be directed to Feronia Academy through email@example.com. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Feronia Academy as early as possible and always within two weeks.
- Export of personal data: When users send us this request, they will receive an email asking if they are the person who requested export of personal data. This email has a confirmation link. After clicking on this link Feronia Academy will receive confirmation and will send a file as requested.
- The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by Feronia Academy in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of www.feronia.academy or the related services. The user declares to be aware that Feronia Academy may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Operational information and service-based e-mails to users
- We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages.
- By using our site users agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
System logs and maintenance
- For operation and maintenance purposes, Feronia Academy and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Feronia Academy (System logs) and use other personal data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
- More details concerning the collection or processing of personal data may be requested from Feronia Academy at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handling “Do Not Track” requests
- www.feronia.academy does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of users personal information.
Changes to this policy
- Feronia Academy may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway.
- We’ll be giving notice to users on this page and within www.feronia.academy and/or – as far as technically and legally feasible – sending a notice to users via any contact information available to Feronia Academy.
- It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom. Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the user’s consent, Feronia Academy will collect new consent from the user, where required.
Contact us for questions or feedback
Feronia Academy intents to make the services provided pleasant and secure. In case you have feedback, suggestions for improvement or questions, we would like to receive them. Please contact us via email: email@example.com
Latest update: June 26, 2018